Savoie – Haute-Tarentaise: culinary – architecture – fauna – flora – nature.
The Sheepfold of Miravidi proposes you its recipe of fondue, for two people.
– Cheeses : Abondance 100 gr – Beaufort 150 gr – Conté 150 gr – Fontine 100 gr.
– 8 cl of Kirch – Nutmeg – Pepper – Garlic – Mustard – Dogfish of Savoie.
– Rub the heavy saucepan with a clove of garlic, mash cheeses and put them in the heavy saucepan, add a glass of white wine a person, make warm, add the kirch, the pepper, the nutmeg and a coffee spoon of mustard.
– Brew the fondue with a wooden spatula by making movements in the shape of 8.
Savoie is a region rich in local products.
Cheeses of high mountain pastures in the unpasteurized milk as Beaufort (dough pressed, cooks), the Tomme cheese of Savoie and Volume of Wallows ( not cooked dough pressed), as well as Reblochon (not cooked dough semi-pressed) native of Haute-Savoie, made also in the Val d’ Arly, are not possible that make us salivate. The blue of Termignon (made very locally in the high mountain pastures of Entre-deux-Eaux) gives us this taste of authenticity which the palace appreciates. Let us not forget very flavourful and varied goat cheeses.
The delicatessen as the Pormoniers (fresh sausages in herbs and pig giblets), the sausages of donkey and goat, the Diots (small fresh sausages with (pig) simmered in some white wine) and little spherical bells in herbs matter among the local specialities, which treat us.
Crozets is small pastas squared with flour and with common wheat, they like accompanying meat dishes.
Savoie is also a region of vineyard of white and red wine, the whites as the Chignin Bergeron are perfected for the apéritif. Apremont and the Dogfish are wines which like accompanying dishes with cheese as the succulante tartiflette. The Abyss, an a little rougher wine joins a cheese fondue. Red as Mondeuse, Gamay and the Pinot accompanying dishes of delicatessen like tickling our papillae.
the cultural visits of the region:
AIME 13 KM :
– ROMANIC BASILICA ST MARTIN: (2 €) 11th, with crypt and frescoes, in which you can discover: the vestiges of the heart of a first church, a room Gallo – Roman and Latin inscriptions. (Price list 2 €). / 6 pm ask for the key the house of the tourism which is next to the basilica.
– TOUR(TOWER,BALLOT) MONTMAYEUR: 13th, reshaped in the 15th S, shelter 4 exhibitions(exposures): a) How do we build houses in mountain? b) The vineyard in Savoie c) medieval Scene of justice D) working object of the earth.
– STONE BORRIONE MUSEUM: collection of minerals and fossils, archaeology of the Neolithic in our days, exposure of the argentiferous graphites of Plagne.
– HOUSE OF THE ARTS: vast space of exposure dedicated to the artists and the creative craftsmen of Tarentaise, informal and surprising meetings with talents of quite natural.
SEEZ 6 km :
– ESPACE ST ELOI : (3 €) a) Forge restoration of the workshop and audio assembly. B) punctual Demonstrations of ironworks and jeweller’s shop c) space out the baroque.
– CHURCH ST PIERRE: time the baroque, the sacred objects, being lying of a Lord of 15 ème, gold-coloured and sculptured altarpiece. *
– FILATURE ARPIN: spinning mill based in 1817 on machines classified in the national patrimony. Arpin selects, sorts out, washes, dyes, card, row and weaves the wool to give birth to the famous sheet of Bonneval. These operations are realized by artisans wool bosses and weavers .L’ clothing workshop realizes products Arpin or any commands(orders) to measure
– ST GERMAIN’S MILL: German St is a small hamlet on the ancient(former) Roman way of the collar of the pt st Bernard – His(Her,Its) mill in dawn in worked to 1959s, discover his(her,its) rehabilitation and the development of the mechanisms of milling.
– ORPHANAGE OF SMALL ST BERNARD: collar of the pt st Bernard, the showroom with presentation of the history of the orphanage and its archaeological potential – path discovery
ST FOY TARENTAISE: 22 km
– THE NATURAL MONAL AND PATRIMONY: conducted tour of this hamlet of moves exceptional classified site, in a case of nature tamed in front of glaciers of the Mont Pourri.
– ST FOY’S CHURCH: furniture the exceptional baroque 17eme and 18eme .Orfèvrerie, embroidery, leather of Cordoba
VILLAROGER: 14 km
– OUR LADY OF THE ASSUMPTION – conducted tour of the church, bare of rural and architectural patrimony of the hamlets of the Shanty and the Mirror to St Foy Tarentaise
PEISEY NANCROIX: 11 km
– PALAIS DE LA MINE conducted tour: discover the vestiges of the industrial installations, the techniques of extraction and treatment of the ore, the palace of the mine sits of the French school of Mines from 1802 till 1814.
– PARCOURS DÉCOUVERTE: in family or individually cross the archeological site by means of a questionnaire, then make – you to the palace of the mine with a guide.
– CHAPELLE NOTRE DAME DES VERNETTES : 18th in 1805 m of height, meeting with the rich Alpine baroque – gilt and polychromie, 3 altarpieces of sculptured wood
– ÉGLISE DE LA SAINTE TRINITÉ : 18eme the Baroque contains 7 altarpieces, she(it) shelters the purest art the baroque of Savoy.
HAUTEVILLE GONDON: church the baroque very colored – VULMIX ST GRAS’S CHAPEL:La comic strip of time
VALLEY OF THE CHAPIEUX:Visite by bus (8 €) since Village st Maurice – BOWS A SIGNATURE OF ARCHITECTURE:Arcs on 1600 in the dome.
THE MUSEUM OF THE APPLE:A Chal (opened free museum everything in the daytime from 9 am till 7 pm, in 10 minutes on foot of the sheepfold (village without cars)..
We provide you with in your room the part « let tell you Tarentaise » you will find a lot of information concerning the regional discoveries. You can also visit:
– Dams: of Tignes – Of Roseland – of Sassière – of the Nail – The glacier of the big clod to Tignes where we can ski the summer,
– Collars : Small St Bernard – Cormet de Roselend – Iseran – Ski resorts:, Tignes – Val d’Isère – St Foy – The Innocent maiden – Arcs – La Plagne – Peisey-Monchavin – Courchevel-Méribel – The summer, Italy is at one o’clock of road (we can lend you books for the visits of castles and ruins Romans).
If the chamois remains the symbol of the Alps, le bouquetin is also symbolic. Formerly too much hunted, this last one is protected today and distinguishes himself from the chamois by its long fluted horns. You will recognize the chamois thanks to its fine horns and its look which is closer to that of the roe deer or to the antelope.
The mascot of the mountain it is indeed on the marmotte. From April till September, except period of hibernation, she animates alpages with her whistling. Although very rare to observe, the lynx is also present in the mountains of the Alps, and lives in the isolated forests.
The mountain is also populated with roe deers, with foxes, with partridge of snows, variable delièvres, as well as of tétras-lyre, small shy wild cock which lives between alpages and forest.
In the airs, the most frequent bird of prey to be observed is the owl of Tengmalm. L’aigle royal is also visible. The biggest bird of prey of France, reintroduced in Savoy White Mountain successfully is the bearded gypaète (2m 80 large-scale) which we can also perceive…
The terracing of the vegetation
Nival floor (above 3000 metres)
– At this height, the glaciers(ice-cream makers) recover summits. The vegetation cannot thus develop, except rare lichens.
– Alpine floor (on 2000 in 3000 metres)
It is the zone situated over the limit of shrubs.
The fallen snow the winter persists a part(party) of the summer in the form of névés in the heart of coombs with snow.
The space consists of zones of cliffs where only lichens and some scattered plants are capable of remaining. He(it) is also occupied by vast alpine lawns, stocked with flowers during months summer.
– Subalpin floor (of 1500 in 2000 metres)
It is the domain of moors with rhododendrons, bilberries, génévriers as well as shrubs such as the green alders.
These moors adjoin the forests of conifers where prosper larches, pines with hook and pines cembro.
The spruce confines to sectors the least the raised(the brought up) in height.
– Mountain floor (from 800 to 1500 metres)
This floor, almost completely situated below the limits of the heart of the Park, is densément afforested.
He(It) is essentially constituted by forests of beeches and by spruces which unite to form the beech grove-fir plantation.
The man marked the landscape of his imprint by deforesting and by maintaining prairies of mow(pinch,dish).
The factors influencing the flora
Some 1200 botanical species are present in Vanoise, among whom 200 remarkable sorts.
Various factors influence the flora:
– The height
– The orientation with regard to the sun: overturning in the shadow ( the ubac) – or exposed(explained) to the sun ( the adret)
– The various climatic periods of the history
– The types of grounds or cliff
– The impact connected to the activity of the man
All these factors generate different circles and constitute the variety of the flora in the massif of Vanoise.
1920s – 3 visions for a national park in Savoy
From the beginning of the twentieth century, various actors envisaged the creation of the park:
– The hunters
These last ones regretted the decrease of chamoises and the quasi-disappearance of the ibex. In front of the same phenomenon in Italy, king Victor Emmanuel II creates a royal reserve of hunting which becomes national park in 1922. It is a success of the Italian side.
The Doctor Dressmaker, fascinated hunter, militates from 1943 till 1962 for the creation of a » national park of Savoy « . In spite of his(its) important role in the promotion of a possible park, he no siègera not then in the National park of Vanoise.
– Alpinistes Pointe Matthews
They wished to protect the mountain and to limit the big organizations. In this frame, The French Alpine Club (CAF)((SOCIAL SECURITY OFFICE)) throws(launches) in 1956 a committee of study for the creation of a national park in Savoy. René Varlet, member in CAF(SOCIAL SECURITY OFFICE), will be a lover defender of the project of the Committee and will work on the Park from 1963 till 1987.
– Gilbert André and its cultural park
for Gilbert André, the place shapes the man. Hating the city, he wants to save the character of the mountain in Savoy, represented by his flora, his fauna, his architecture, his traditions … He subjects a report in 1955 to the National concil of the preservation of the countryside. This last one asks for a preliminary inquiry the creation of a park in Savoy.
1960 – The implementation of a law to create national parks
The preliminary inquiry is confided to Denys Pradelle. He proposes a draft making the synthesis of the existing visions: the park of Vanoise will have an objective of protection and educational of the public and an objective of development of local wealth (agriculture, tourism, cultural, natural wealth).
Gilbert André is in the originie of the foundation, in 1957, of the association of the parks of France. Thanks to his(its) numerous political relations, he sought and obtained the membership of several Ministers or former Ministers, of general managers of ministries, academicians… Result: November 6th, 1957 is gathered(reunited) the essential general assembly of the parks of France which guarantees for the preparation of a bill for national parks.
The forested administration is loaded with its editorial staff. Yves Bétolaud, in charge of legal business in the national management of waters and forests, prepare a text.
Three personalities work on the defence of the bill: Pierre Dumas (young Savoyard representative, reporter of the law), Pierre Cot (mayor and councillor) and Joseph Fontanet (mayor, councillor, representative and State Secretary of the industry and the business).
The law on the creation of the national parks is finally promulgated on July 2nd, 1960.
The central zone of the park ( protected natural zone) can be surrounded with a peripheral zone (development area of social, economic and cultural order with consideration of the preservation of the countryside).
1963 – Of the law to the decree of creation of the National park of Vanoise
The decree of application N ° 61-1195 of October 31st, 1961 allows to open the procedure of creation of the National park of Vanoise. Discussions about the limits of the future park and the constraints and the bans which will be effective occupy year 1962. The subject of the construction of the skilifts (expanding in the 1960s with the Plan Snow) raise problem.
The found solution: modify the limits of the park not to include existing stations and create nature reserves on sensitive already equipped sectors (notably the reserve of Tignes-Champagny), It will allow to protect the fauna and the flora on spaces which could not be included in the central zone of the Park.
September 23rd, 1962 is opened, for 18 days, the public inquiry. 24 municipalities, on 29, give a favorable opinion. The decree of creation of the park of Vanoise is published on July 6th, 1963.
Gift offer for two persons valid for 365 days from the date of purchase: Contact us 06 23 34 75 59. every day between 10h and 21h